Connect with us

Bluetooth transmitter boards

Discussion in 'Radio and Wireless' started by ravfromvancouver, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    Hello, I am trying to find just the board in a bluetooth transmitter, like one that could be conencted ro MP3 player or a non bluetooth audio playing device, like one those 3.5mm plug in transmitters. I see lots of cheap boards around that are both receiver and transmitter and usually set up for receiving. How is just the transmitter audio set up ? Is it by software or jumpers on the board ?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps you could point us at one of these boards.

3. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
  4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, by definition, that device needs to transmit as well as receive since it creates a link between one device and another.

Bluetooth isn't a simple protocol that allows you to connect two devices up and just get audio from one to the other.

This is a slave device, you need a master device as well.

What are you actually trying to do?

5. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    Hi Steve,
    I am trying to experiment with making a sort of universal dock for a few non bluetooth MP3 players/music players that I have here.

6. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    Meaning I could connect them to a bluetooth headset.

7. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    Or if you can direct me to what board I should be looking for.

8. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    It's hard to say. You're probably looking for some sort of bluetooth master device for connecting bluetooth headsets to audio sources.

That sort of thing is possible, but not necessarily commercially available. It's almost the "wrong tool for the job", although I understand what you're trying to do.

9. dietermoreno

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe he is trying to play music in his car that has blue tooth connectivity without having to purchase a blue tooth connected cellular device.

If my car had blue tooth I would definately want to build this because blue tooth is greater quality than both FM transmitter and cassette adapter.

What do you mean by "master device" and "slave device"?

In the proposed example use, would the "slave device" be the blue tooth in the car that is to receive the music transmitted? but then what's the "master device"?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    There is this new-fangled tool called google...

11. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    I am slowly learning about bluetooth audio and learning how that if I wanted to is to add a bluetooth audio transmitter to any mp3 device like a sony mp3 I bought years ago that has no bluetooth. I trying to understand how some boards automatically connect to a bluetooth headset. But confusion is there are so many boards out there that all look a like with the same pin outs but seem to be both a receiver and transmitter

12. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    I've got an IPod bluetooth adapter that automatically connects to a bluetooth headset, So how is the board set up to auto connect for transmitting ? I am assuming that board would be a master bluetooth board looking for signals to grab.

13. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    it will be done by settings in the ipod software
    bluetooth always uses a pairing system for connecting between modules

Dave

14. ravfromvancouver

ravfromvancouver

Mar 10, 2014
    This adapter is for non bluetooth Ipod so there are no settings. But once you connect the adapter to the Ipod, it automtically connects to a bluetooth headset, without any settings. I am trying learn what enables this function on a bluetooth transmit board.

15. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    OK so the firmware to control the BT will be on a chip in the adaptor then

the point is ... There WILL be FW somewhere doing the controlling

Dave

16. Jibby

Jibby

Sep 12, 2013
    Such gadgets are already in the market

17. morphingstar

morphingstar