Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bluetooth/touch wheel magnetism

Hammerhorror

Apr 19, 2016
I have a Bluetooth speaker, in pieces. The touch wheel, or whatever they're called, is four inches. It's to be fitted into a Dalek, in one of the recesses behind the hemispheres on the skirt. Of course to get to the touch wheel, you have to remove the hemisphere, and put it back when not in use. I was thinking of putting a metal plate on the centre of the touch wheel. A centre shaft inside the hemisphere, with a magnet on the end. I think you get the idea. So my question is. Will a magnet have any effect on the touch wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 63

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I have a Bluetooth speaker, in pieces. The touch wheel, or whatever they're called, is four inches. It's to be fitted into a Dalek, in one of the recesses behind the hemispheres on the skirt. Of course to get to the touch wheel, you have to remove the hemisphere, and put it back when not in use. I was thinking of putting a metal plate on the centre of the touch wheel. A centre shaft inside the hemisphere, with a magnet on the end. I think you get the idea. So my question is. Will a magnet have any effect on the touch wheel.
Most of those 'touch' things are based on capacitance and have nothing to do with magnetism.
You may find you have issues if a conductive surface is on top or touching the pad, but a magnet should not interfere.