Connect with us

Bluetooth Power Supply.

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by cdarnau, Mar 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. cdarnau

cdarnau

Mar 17, 2013
    Ok So here is my problem. First off let me say I am not a electronics master, I work as a Cadillac technician at a GM dealership. I know how to solder and read schematics for a vehicle but for something like this I am a little out of my league so any help would be very appreciatated.

I bought a Bluetooth module, and a 5v power audio amplifier. I can do all the wiring to get them together just fine. But what I want to do is have some sort of power supply. I have a ENV3 battery (It was laying around) Which is 3.3 volts ( all that I need from what I read) But I have no idea how I would wire it into the system. It has 4 contacts on the back of the battery, 2 are + and 2 are -. So I am sure 2 are in and 2 are out. And I know I could buy a charger thats 5 volts 700ma and charge it with that (Or so I would think).

But Before I go thru all of that I would like to as how long you think that battery would last playing (2) 3W 4ohm speakers.

Should I get a different battery? If so is there a better powersupply that I could use and charge so I don't have to have it plugged in?

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance for all of the help.

Sorry if after you have read this you feel you are a little bit more dumb, I am new to this. =-)

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well for a start its probably not going to work at all
    your amp and presumably the BT module is 5V but you only wanna give it 3.3V
    see the problem ??

Would you try to power one of your Cadillac's that use a 12V battery from a 6V VW car battery ?

Dave

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. cdarnau

cdarnau

Mar 17, 2013
    So I should look for a 5volt l-ion battery? Any sugestions on 1 that I can wire in with a charging port?

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You won't find a 5V Li Ion battery. You will find 7.2V You could use a 5V regulator with that to supply power for your amp. The battery will have a power rating, in mAH (milliamp hours). For example 2000mAH. You divide the current drawn from the battery into the capacity to get the number of hours of runtime.

I am going to assume that your amp is a class D 3W/3W at 5V amp that you can find all over EBay. If this is the case, the draw will really be about 6W or 1200 mA, when played at full blast. That would run 1.6 Hours, ideally off a 2000mAH battery, in reality less. Do the calculation for whatever battery you find.

Bob

Ask a Question