Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bluetooth Doorbell

Onneir

Aug 18, 2018
More often than not, I'm in my room with headphones on, blasting music while working on projects or playing games, and end up miss hearing anyone knocking on the door. I tried looking up some doorbells that can connect to smartphones elsewhere, but of course they're all meant for the front door and to ring throughout the house, so I was wondering how I'd go about setting something up that could connect to either my phone and play a noise or send a notification, or to something else that could just turn on a light for maybe 15 seconds instead of having to get up every time I hear something that might be a knock on the door.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Turn down the music. You'll damage your hearing.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hook the doorbell button in series with the headphones.....button on, headphones off.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
You don't need a light for 15 seconds. Just rig the doorbell switch up to a relay that switches on a Ridiculously F U BRIGHT Light for even a fraction of a second. If you need audible too, hook it up in parallel with a fog horn.

However you wrote knock. No. Put a doorbell there. If someone can't figure out to use it, oh well.

Another alternative is get a dog. It will know when someone is at the door and create a ruckus.