Connect with us

Bluetooth arduino

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by antialon, Mar 23, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. antialon

antialon

Mar 23, 2012
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to arduinos and for my capstone project, I am required to send data from a scale to a computer excel sheet. I am having trouble sending data as a csv file (on a mac). Can somebody help. I have simple to read the analog pin but then I am having trouble sending this number to an excel sheet. Any help will be appreciated.

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    What are you using as an interface with the computer?

Im guessing that you have the arduino sending the data from the scale via bluetooth to the computer, but whats connected to the computer itself?

3. antialon

antialon

Mar 23, 2012
    I am using the arduino program? I tried using the terminal and iterm to substitute putty (which was recommended for windows computers).

Nothing is connected to the computer because the arduino is connected via bluetooth.

4. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    you have a bluetooth device connected to a pc.
    you have a bluetooth device connected to arduino (2 digital io pins to read/write data)

The scales i assume interface with the Arduino somehow? have you done that? you are able to read the data?.... i'd probably hijack the data lines to the LCD/whatever display out on the scales, take a reading from Arduino then send the data back to the PC where it can be saved?..

right?

5. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
  6. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    you gave me a good idea to think about though (for weightwatchers, having all their members (for a price) have internet connected scales and have the data flow directly into their servers so come next visit they can pull up the stats on them etc.... :) - so thanks lol

Ask a Question