Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bluetooth Amp Questions (Tda7492p)

SimpleJoe

Jan 10, 2016
A while back i set out to make a portable bluetooth speaker using a Tda7492p 2x40 watt amp Specifically this one:
http://www.banggood.com/TDA7492P-50...ceiver-Digital-Amplifier-Board-p-1003047.html)

I did some research on the chip itself and found that they only recommend 2x25 w continuous but i also noted that this was at 8 ohms impedance. the speaker i built uses typically 1 port running a 120 watt 4 ohm 3-way home theater speaker, with a second sometimes plugged in (should i earth this out or something when not in use?). many of these amps vary their outputs with different impedances i just don't know if 4 ohms is the best as bangood recommends 8 but cannot see this anywhere on the spec sheet.

there was also some notable distortion in the bass when in high gain mode which i can only think of the input voltage that could cause this (or once again the impedance of the speaker). it currently runs a 4 cell li-ion (~16.4v) but i have been planning to upgrade to 5 or 6 cell (20.5~24.6) (is this worth it).

So just to summarise everything:
  1. should i some how increase the impedance of the speakers (and easy way to do this would be great)
  2. should i increase the input voltage to the chip
  3. is there any way to bridge the outputs when the second is not in use or should i be doing something else with the connector
Thanks,
SimpleJoe