Connect with us

Blown TV flyback regulator

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by [email protected], Aug 22, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    My TV recently popped in a rather spectacular fashion. The obvious
    fault is a blown STRF 6655 flyback regulator. Are there other
    components asround this that I should check as a matter of course,
    because it looks like I'll need to order in the regulator, and I would
    rather not replace it and have it blow again because I didn't find
    another faulty part.

    Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Guest

    I had a problem with that part of a tv before. I found a blown diode
    coming from the transformer to pin 4 (Vin) of the regulator. My set
    used a 6624, but I was able to find a 5624 for less than half the price
    that did just as good of a job. Helpful because I blew a couple of
    them and it's much nicer to pay $4 each than $10 each. Check out
    tritronics as they let you search by keyword. I don't know if a 5655
    exists though. Good luck.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day