Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Blown capacitors in PC

JonathanAnon

Mar 22, 2012
hello dear few years earlier I have removed same problem of som computers by replacing the deteriorated capacitors.

Yeah, I replaced the capacitors in two of them.. The 12v DC output in the two monitors with replaced capacitors is 11.75v, and it should be 12.79v .. Seems that there is another component in both monitors that has also failed.. Through research, I have found that the main transistor and diodes can also fail on that FSP043 power board.

JonathanAnon

Mar 22, 2012
measured_voltages.jpg

Hi everybody, I'm still working away on this in the background, so if anybody has anything else to add, feel free to throw in your two cents.. :D

I've established previously that the the 5v DC outputs are reading properly, but the 12v DC outputs are about only readin 11.75v (they read 12.78v on the working power supply). I have tried a 12v fan on both of these DC outputs and it works fine under this load. The 12v DC is also handed off to the backlight, which is also not working..

So what I'm thinking is that the output DC coming from the Schottky diodes must not be large enough. I'm gonna try test this next..