Has anyone ever connected Resistors or Capacitors to high voltages in excess of their rated voltages? I once connected a 1-ohm resistor rated at 1/2-watt to a 51-volt battery and it instantly bursted and shot out a piece of carbon from inside. I've also connected one-way capacitors the wrong way or to AC power. I like how they burst like firecrackers. Another time I short-circuited a 12-volt, 2000mA transformer and the box cracked because of the high heat. Has anyone attempted these stupid stunts?