Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Blowing fuses

Tim22

Nov 6, 2018
Hi i hope someone can help me I have an edis EA1128A AMPLIFIER that keeps blowing the internal fuses when turning the power on I'm not very electronically minded so bear with me when it has blown these there have been no speakers connected is this my problem or does it not matter please help somebody as it's driving me mad

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You have what is technically termed 'a broken amplifier'.

More than likely there is a short in the output or power supply sections that would need to be determined by tests and measurements.

First rule of fault finding is 'take it apart'. We (you) can then go from there using eyes, ears and nose plus some advice from people on here. We would require that you post pictures of the internal parts though and try to find a schematic (Google) to save us doing all the work for you.

Knowing WHICH fuse(s) have blown make a big difference too. Power? Output stage? Something else?

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Valve amplifiers should never be run without a load.
Semiconductor amplifiers should never be run with a short circuit load but should be OK with no load.

To stop blowing fuses over and over again, then power up through a bulb (40W), this is known as a lamp limiter. This will limit the current so there is less likely to cause more damage and some voltage may be present to find out where the fault is. There may be fuses inside which will help locate the fault.

Find a circuit diagram (schematic) and show it here.

Tim22

Nov 6, 2018
I do have a picture of the fuses but am struggling to get it up loaded at the moment

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Not just pics of the fuses but of the whole amp board or at least a start would be the larger area including the fuse(s). If you can't get an upload attached you could post it on https://imgur.com/upload or another hosting site and embed the link to it.