Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bitman BM 1384 Chip

Mike Bellamy

Dec 31, 2017
I want to build my own Bitcoin miner on a USB with one or two BM 1384 chips but I am having trouble even getting the data sheet. I also don't know if there is a socket for the chip.. Any body know anything about this please.. The chip is an ASIC set up specifically to quickly solve the sha256 crypto algorithm..

D

Deleted member 36829

Jan 1, 1970
Datasheet, such as it is. Don't think you'll find a socket - it's a non-standard QFN or MLPQ style package - and sockets for such leadless packages usually aren't any easier to solder (and quite often harder) than the package itself.

Good luck - it's not a simple project. For a start, you'll need a 0.6v~0.8v supply at up to 12A+; not easy to begin with, and doubly so if relying on USB (e.g. not possible on USB 1 or 2; you'll need USB3). You've also got up to ~10W of heat to get out of the little package, so some careful thermal design is in order. You might find this long discussion thread useful.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Pretty pointless mining Bitcoin given it costs some $3,500 in electricity to get one - assuming you DO.

I'd be looking at the 'lower end' crypto currencies for mining, essentially getting in at their start and relying on future gains in much the same way as Bitcoin exploded.

To be getting onboard the Bitcoin train NOW is to have missed it already.