Connect with us

Biasing (question 7 of my homework)

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by ans, Nov 29, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ans

ans

Nov 25, 2010
    what is biasing?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Biasing means to provide a bias.

An example of bias is the way I feel about people who want others to do their homework and who don't even bother to read the rules for posting such requests.

I am heavily biased against such people.

Now, if they were polite, and explained what they did understand, and then where they were stuck, my bias would be reduced almost to nothing.

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Ans - as Steve has said and also as the notice at the top of this section says, we don't give out homework questions on here. We can help if you get stuck and are trying to work through a problem, but we're not here to do your homework for you.

If you'd like help on any of your homework threads, you're going to have to put some work in yourself!

4. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    The dictionary can be your friend here. My Websters New World College Dictionary defines bias as: "<Radio> the fixed voltage applied to an electrode circuit to control the mode of operation, usually measured with the cathode voltage as reference." So 'biasing' means to apply a bias to an electrode. Now, how would you update that definition to apply to modern transistors?

Ask a Question