Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Best home security system ?

hardyalex011

Sep 15, 2010
i am planning to get a home security system installed in my home, i you are using a home alarm please let me know how you would rate them. I have gobe through sites like Alarm Reviews and ComplaintsBoard but found the reviws to be vague. Please Help !!!

H H Scott

Apr 18, 2011
I've had home alarms in my home for the past 35 years, all installed by a wellknown international firm. As residents come and go in my neighbourhood, they installed more modern systems in these homes and many of these newer units are wireless.

Judging by the number of false alarms happening to the luckless owners of wireless alarms, my personal opinion is that wireless systems often are "mickey mouse", gimmicky stuff.

My own house has hardwired alarms throughout every room, door and window incredibly neatly installed years ago. Backup service has never been a problem with this firm as incredibly, the same technician who installed the system here 20 years ago, is still employed by the firm. I guess that makes me lucky.

The only "wireless part" of my system is the transmitter in my roof.

The original control board as supplied by this firm, did not offer a digital voice recordable alarm option and this I purchased separately but the alarm company installed it for me.

I also requested an extra loud alarm sound system and here I used a PA-style speaker, located in the roof. So I have a switch above the panel - I can switch between my own voice, or any recordable sound like my dogs barking or even snakes hissing, in addition to a much louder than usual siren.

H H Scott