Connect with us

Best heat sink compound?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by DaveC, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Err..of course the process involves externally applied currents, or it
    would not be anodizing.

    You prepare the surface and clean the part very well, anodize in an
    electrolyte solution (the part to be anodized is, not surprisingly,
    the positive side, and something like lead is the negative),
    neutralize and rinse, then dye (if desired), and the pores are sealed
    with another chemical in boiling water.

    Some of the parts done in a home shop look pretty darn good- I
    recently handled a telescope that a fellow made accessories for (in
    preparation to chasing a solar eclipse into some gawdfersaken bit of
    the globe) and it really looked professional. He told me he used an
    pro aniline dye, but fabric dyes (eg. Rit) can work too.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany
  2. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  3. I read in that DarkMatter <[email protected]> wrote (in <[email protected]
    com>) about 'Best heat sink compound?', on Mon, 1 Dec 2003:
    Let's hope they don't get cross-threaded, then.
  4. John Larkin

    John Larkin Guest

    Screw him.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day