Connect with us

Beginner Project kit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Steph32, May 25, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Steph32

Steph32

May 21, 2014
    I'm going into my 3rd year studying computer engineering. And I really love the electronics aspect of it and wanted to start in on doing some small projects as a hobby. I figure looking for a kit or something is probably I good idea to start out at. Any suggestions?

2. D Hancock

D Hancock

May 23, 2014
    Steph,

I'm not in my 3rd year of engineering and have virtually no electrical experience. However I do need assistance with a small project design. Typically I jump in and learn all I can in this situation but at this time I'm limited. I've been posting on this board and have been trying to figure it out myself. Go check out my thread: under https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/small-circuit-needed-for-new-product-design-help.268763/ on this board. If your interested in helping we can talk about cost.

Make sure you read to the end if interested.

3. D Hancock

D Hancock

May 23, 2014
    Please disregard my last post. The guys are great hear and have been very helpful. I'm starting to understand a bit more and will be completing the entire design myself. Best of luck!

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Google Ramsey Kits. I think they have a pretty good selection of electronic kits.
    It's good to start wth a kit, so you can learn parts recognition, how circuits are laid-out/connected, practice in reading schematics and learning to solder.
    You add to your skills as you do more hands-on electronic components work over time.

Ask a Question