Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Beginner, need help finding components

immexerxez

Mar 6, 2015
Hi all,

I`m fairly new to building electronics and I really have no idea what these components would be called to start looking for them. I want to make something which takes in a voltage and passes it to a predetermined "node"

for example: I have a "controller" attached to something supplying a voltage and is also hooked up to five "nodes" A,B,C,D,and E. I want to tell this "controller" to pass 5 volts to "nodes" A,B and E.
My Question is what component would this "controller" be and what would be the "identifiable nodes"
I`m fairly certain the "controller" would be a micro controller of some sorts but are there any specific ones that are tailored to the task I`m looking for? and I have no idea what an "identifiable node" would be.

Thanks for your time.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to electronicspoint.

and I have no idea what an "identifiable node" would be
When you have no idea, how did you come up with that notion in the first place? Is this perhaps some homework, assignment or similar?

I want to tell this "controller" to pass 5 volts to "nodes" A,B and E.
Switching a voltage to different nodes is no deal. But some information is missing:
  • What are the currents involved?
  • How fast do you need to switch between nodes?
  • Is only one node active at a time or do you need to be able to forward the voltage to multiple nodes at the same time?

I`m fairly certain the "controller" would be a micro controller of some sorts but are there any specific ones that are tailored to the task
Why would this have to be a microcontroller? A rotary switch for example can do the same. How would the "controller" be instructed to change the output node? And by whom? And no, there are as far as I know no specialized controllers for such a task.

I'm afraid your "project" needs a lot more consideration before it is ripe for building an actual circuit.