Connect with us

Beefing up 1/4 inch socket switches

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by N Cook, Mar 21, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. N Cook

    N Cook Guest

    The third amp in 3 days all requiring attention to quarter inch sockets of
    one sort or another.
    Can anyone put a generic or maker's name to this compact axial type
    no info of any sort on the socket.
    This one from an Ashdown effects return with dodgy bypass switch.
    There are 2 places in the plastic body that drilling through coincides with
    holes in the metalwork almost as though designed to wrap some silicone
    rubber cordage (blue in pics) around the switches to increase the closure
    force, located in place by curves in the contact parts. Then cleaning the
    Tip contact to the left and ring contact at bottom of first image.
  2. N Cook

    N Cook Guest

    Incidently my test for whether such bypass switches need attention , even
    before dismantling the amp.
    Take one cocktail stick/toothpick . Hold at one end between thumb and index
    finger and poke the other end in the socket - if the contact breaks before
    the cocktail stick breaks ,about 150 gms over length of 65mm.
  3. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    It is AIUI originally a Switchcraft pattern but is very widely copied by Asian
    suppliers. JAE ?? comes to mind from the dark recesses of my mind.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day