Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Beckman 5k Model A Helipot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Kelly

Jul 20, 2018
I know these are obsolete but we still need a couple of them. Anyone have one or two they want to sell? This is a 10 turn Precision Helipot.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Remember where you posted this request so you can check back later.
I've got several of the old Beckman Model A, but I'm not at the house right now.
I'll check if I have one in 5K and get back to you here (but it might not be until the weekend).

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Checked-in with my kids at the house.
I have one of your Helipots. Beckman Model A 5K .25 Lin.
Last list price on it was $45.
Send me a private msg on this site if you want to make an offer on it.
(I'm not home yet, and not always on the computer. I'll answer any email from you whenever I am able to see it)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Scratch that offer.
When I didn't hear back I had the kids list it on eBay, sold it in 7 hours.
Gone now.
Feel free to use kellys_eye's helpful input.

Lou Kelly

Jul 20, 2018
Scratch that offer.
When I didn't hear back I had the kids list it on eBay, sold it in 7 hours.
Gone now.
Feel free to use kellys_eye's helpful input.
Sorry I did not get back to you. I only have access to company computer T-F. Is there any chance you have another? What is kelly_eye's?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I checked kellys_eye (one of this forums helpful other members). His link is to Elliot Electronics, which is a store here in Tucson, not far from where I live. They don't have a 10K.
After successfully selling the 5K ohm Helipot on eBay, I dug through some more of my parts inventory. (I've been a tech for 48 years, and my stock of old parts is extensive).
So far, I've found one more of the 5K Helipots. New and unused, but not in the original box. I'll check some more tonight after I get off work to see if I can find any others. The 5K I sold on eBay went for the $45 plus shipping I asked for, almost instantly after I listed it (I was wondering if you were the one that bought it).
I'm gong to start listing the rest of my old Beckman Helipots, I didn't know how in-demand they are now.
I'll get back on the computer tonight after I check my storage boxes to see if I have more than one of the 5K.
I'll add a post here tonight, one way or the other. Whether I have only one or more, since I know they sell at $45 plus shipping, that's what I'll be asking.
kellys_eye's idea was to use something other than the original part to create a voltage divider to obtain the electronic equivalent of what you need. Doable, but I don't kludge the repairs I do, and if you have a precision instrument, I wouldn't recommend it for you.
Since I know you won't have access to a computer tonight, if you recheck this thread tomorrow and get back to me,
I'll know if you're interested, or if I should just put it with my other Helipots on ebay.
I would have held the one you originally asked for if I knew you might still be interested. But having had the kids dig through my inventory, I just decided to see if somebody else would buy it, instead of re-boxing it to collect more dust.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I've done a lot of looking. I believe I only have one of the Beckman 5K Helipots you asked about.
If you're interested, use the private message feature on this forum to contact me.

Lou Kelly

Jul 20, 2018
I checked kellys_eye (one of this forums helpful other members). His link is to Elliot Electronics, which is a store here in Tucson, not far from where I live. They don't have a 10K.
After successfully selling the 5K ohm Helipot on eBay, I dug through some more of my parts inventory. (I've been a tech for 48 years, and my stock of old parts is extensive).
So far, I've found one more of the 5K Helipots. New and unused, but not in the original box. I'll check some more tonight after I get off work to see if I can find any others. The 5K I sold on eBay went for the $45 plus shipping I asked for, almost instantly after I listed it (I was wondering if you were the one that bought it).
I'm gong to start listing the rest of my old Beckman Helipots, I didn't know how in-demand they are now.
I'll get back on the computer tonight after I check my storage boxes to see if I have more than one of the 5K.
I'll add a post here tonight, one way or the other. Whether I have only one or more, since I know they sell at $45 plus shipping, that's what I'll be asking.
kellys_eye's idea was to use something other than the original part to create a voltage divider to obtain the electronic equivalent of what you need. Doable, but I don't kludge the repairs I do, and if you have a precision instrument, I wouldn't recommend it for you.
Since I know you won't have access to a computer tonight, if you recheck this thread tomorrow and get back to me,
I'll know if you're interested, or if I should just put it with my other Helipots on ebay.
I would have held the one you originally asked for if I knew you might still be interested. But having had the kids dig through my inventory, I just decided to see if somebody else would buy it, instead of re-boxing it to collect more dust.
We are very interested in the other Beckman 5K Helipot that you have. We would prefer two of them if you can find another. Let us know. I can be reached at [email protected]. I think it would be easier to work through e-mail.
I was not the individual who purchased the one you put on ebay.

Lou Kelly

Jul 20, 2018
We are very interested in purchasing the Beckman Model A 5K Helipot that you have. If you can find another, 2 would be better. I was not the individual who purchased the one you sold on EBAY.
I think this would be easier if you contacted me through my e-mail : [email protected]. (LOU)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You should receive an 'Alert' in the header on the right side of the forum tool bar.
Click on it, and you should be able to respond to my private message post to you.

Lou Kelly

Jul 20, 2018
I do not know if these are getting through to you. We will buy the one that you have for the amount you quoted: $45.00 plus shipping costs. Send the 5K Helipot to : Lou Kelly at DEMACO, 7610 Coral Drive, West Melbourne Florida 32904. Include an invoice with the part. Please notify me when you have shipped it Thanks, Lou

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Click on the 'ALERTS' box, in the header at the top of this forum page.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I received your reply. I sent you a couple of private messages, on the toolbar header, click on the 'Alerts' selection to view them. If you still don't know to do that, my reply was that I'm not a business, I'm a guy that has the part you asked for. I'm not sending the part until I receive payment for it. In the private msg to you I asked for an email address for you to coordinate the sale. I was hoping you'd reply to the private messages in the 'Alert' selection.
Instead of posting contact information here for anybody to view our conversation, give me an email or FAX number so we can coordinate this.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Will do. If you don't get it before you leave for the day today, you should have it in your inbox first thing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.