Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Battery problem

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
I just finished rebuilding my laptop battery. but when i connected it to my laptop then it did not give me a backup. it behaved as it behaved earlier giving me a 10-15 min backup. i replaced the cells in the battery with new ones and when i connected it to my laptop they showed up charged in a few minutes and also didnt give me backup. i think there should be some memory effect in the circuit. can any one help me in resetting the memory module in the battery or laptop?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It is quite possible that the controller built into the battery pack remembers the amount of charge in the batteries. Try running the laptop until it powers itself down from lack of power, then recharge. This *may* reset such a controller (or it may not).

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
It is quite possible that the controller built into the battery pack remembers the amount of charge in the batteries. Try running the laptop until it powers itself down from lack of power, then recharge. This *may* reset such a controller (or it may not).

It didnt reset the controller, then i connected the chip without batteries and now it has the memory that there are no batteries and it is like dead. how can i erase the memory now? the chip is MAX1781 and I was not able to find out the datasheet.