Connect with us

Bass Guitar Amplifier Build - help and guide.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Pexy, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Pexy

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
    Greetings.
    Since I recently started playing bass guitar I decidet to build my own amp insted of buying one.
    After searching the web for an appropriate schematic I found a page created by Dr. Bora Jagodić.
    (http://bas.elitesecurity.org/indexV.html)
    In it I found a schematic for a bass guitar amp and it seems perfect for my needs.
    For the power amp I decided to go with a TDA7294 as he sugested to use.
    I'll also build a 15V preamp PSU and a 22V power amp PSU.
    The schematic includes a ALC(automatic level controll) circuit that prevents clipping. It is optional but i would like to include it.
    But for more diversity can I include a switch that will connect and disconect the ALC circuit.
    I was thinking of inserting it before the drain of a 2SK30 fet and after the output of the power amp.
    Am I going to be able to achive what I intended or is there something different that I need to do to achive that?
    I will also insert a PDF with schematic and a screenshot of Target 3001 file where I desinged the whole Amp.
    Thanks.
    Sven.

Attached Files:

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    There are several ways to do that, using a simple SPST switch in the pre-amp. For example, the switch could disconnect the ALC's FET drain, or could disconnect the ALC input from the speaker (though you might need to take precautions to avoid switch-click 'thumps' if you connect/disconnect the ALC while playing the guitar).

3. Pexy

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks. This makes it even simpler.

4. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    You have the Jfet before the 15k resistor but it should be after the resistor.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question