Connect with us

basic

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by aakash1234, Jul 13, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. aakash1234

aakash1234

Jul 13, 2017
    hi
    i usually see the pcbs with so many resistors ,diode etc connected , i never know how to check them ,can some guide me so that i can also repair them

Regards

Aakash

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    That's a tall order!

There is a 'method' to fault-finding but you have to have understanding of components and the way they work as well as a basic understanding of the circuit you're working on.

If you can't read a circuit schematic then you're already behind the curve and got a long way to go.

Do you have any education or qualifications in electrics and/or electronics?

3. aakash1234

aakash1234

Jul 13, 2017
    i have qualifications in both ,but never ever repair pcb. Moreover how can i have the schematic of the pcb say any hmi.They are not providing that.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    what qualifications ?

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Do you have the complete equipment the board came from?

You should be able to determine what the board is 'supposed' to do, identify the 'building blocks' of the board (its power supply section, its signal processing path, its output etc) and check them individually.

The manufacturers MAY provide technical information but many hide by their 'intellectual property rights' and refuse to hand it over, meaning you have to go to THEM for repairs and/or replacements.

If you are skilled enough you can 'work around' these limitations - but that can take years to acquire.

Ask a Question