Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Basic Electronics

want_to_learn

Nov 7, 2011
hello im 21 years old and i am taking a Basic Electronics Course i hope to get a job at the tv repair shop is there alot money to be made in Basic Electronics? i like to know if this trade is a good one to get into if not i still learn it as a hobby:D

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
Hi want_to_learn,

Welcome to this forum!
It' all depend of what a lot money mean to you. I know a TV repair shop with guys they live decently. Mean they have a place to live, a car, they can feed they family and they go in Holiday time to time. Today it's look like many mass market product are "design to trash" it's not as good for the business as you can imagine because a new one will be cheaper then parts and labor to fix it. However I deeply believe that we will find out soon that protect our environment as a price (here you pay a tax to trash a TV), so it should become more rewarding to repair stuff.
Your are also not limited by TV repair, electronic is everywhere, in transportation, in medical area, in industry ... You can also design thinks not only repair them, what is more rewarding. So as hobby or as a daily job you will enjoy it!

GO AHEAD!

Olivier