Connect with us

Basic Electronics Workbench Equipment

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Kbjackson13, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbjackson13

Kbjackson13

Jul 25, 2018
    Hello, I'm an electrical engineer in my senior year and trying to get some equipment at a decent price so I can start tinkering and building some smaller signal circuits and DIY projects. I have literally nothing as of now except for some wire, coax crimpers, office supplies, and some crappy switches (me and my dad searched through an old electricians warehouse).

I'm not necessarily looking for components (resistors, capacitors, FETs, etc.) unless you're literally willing to give them away, I was going to scavenge some old tvs and computers for their stuff. I'm more looking for the big things like:
    AC and DC PSU
    Soldering station (heat gun would be nice)
    through hole mount PCB's (in bulk, more than likely)
    Waveform Generator
    Associative probes needed for PSU and Generator
    Multimeter
    LCR Meter
    Oscilloscope

And whatever else you may think I could use, I'm open to all suggestions so if you have something you just want to get rid of or that you could part with for decently cheap then post it. Even if it's not cheap for you or not worth it, just post it! I have almost nothing, and could benefit from even some solder wick if you bought it in bulk and don't need it.

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can take some stuff off y'alls hands! I'm living in Texas, by the way.

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Seems unbelievable you have managed to get to " engineering" level without as much as a multimeter or soldering iron.
    Other things you mention one tends to accumulate over the years as the need arises.
    Plenty of good new stuff on Ebay and the like these days at fraction of what we had to pay way back when.

3. Kbjackson13

Kbjackson13

Jul 25, 2018
    I wasn't planning on going to electrical until my sophomore year in college, and everything I've needed for labs or personal use was available on campus at nearly all times of the day, even weekends. I've been pretty strapped on cash as well, so I haven't really had the opportunity to accumulate good tools or anything. Plus, I really want to do things that require oscilloscopes, function generators, and other equipment that can get pretty costly so I'm looking for a lot of those types of things.

Ask a Question