Connect with us

Basic Circuit.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ranwire, Jan 9, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ranwire

Ranwire

Sep 8, 2010
    Hi all.

I just started Hobby Electronics, and I am trying to Build this Circuit for the Kids.
    It's call a "Cellular Phone Helper".

Problem, I am a bit confuse about how to read this circuit.

I enclosed the circuit, the IC pin 1 & 8 is what I am not sure of.

Any input welcome.

Attached Files:

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Ey Oop,

You have two op amps in one package. The top opamp works as a comparator and switches on the load when the input is geater than15mV.

The lower op amp is a voltage follower, it has a 200mV cell as its input and gives out 200mV. The input current of the amp is very low so the small cell should last forever. The 200mV output is divided down by the two resistors.

3. Ranwire

Ranwire

Sep 8, 2010
    Sorry I just want some help, to make a Board lay-out.

4. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    board layout, oh yes!
    always stack your components together, caps here, resistors there, amp circuits here, make sure you lable the board as you go, put lines on the board that tells what circuit is where... amps here, rectifiers there, induction there....
    Then they change the entire thing and build it with a robot..
    board layout oh yes! today computers layout the boards, robots put it together, and humans buy them. micro amperages are incredible things, use the best common sense you can, and send us a pic when your through!!!

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    See this thread where someone is after the same sort of assistance. I don't think we need to repeat it :)

I'm sure someone wrote a tutorial on using stripboard/veroboard somewhere...

6. Ranwire

Ranwire

Sep 8, 2010
    Thanks, I've been looking @ Cricuit wizard to use for the lay-out/ PCB.

7. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    The LM10 has an iternal voltage reference and does not use an external cell as I thought.

Pins 1 an 8 are connected together so you will not need to cut the track between these. For a simple circuit such as this, I suggest you get some 0.1inch squared paper, a soft pencil and a rubber and plan the layout. If you place the components throught he holes and bend the leads slightly, the will stick in place sufficientlt to see if you have left enough room for the adjacent component. I always pack my boards too tight which can make life difficult.

Ask a Question