Maker Pro
Maker Pro

barrier beams with rf transmitter

miltownmalbay1

Sep 23, 2011
hi...i need to get infrared barrier beam sensors,for a college project, with a range of a few meters. when the beam is broken an rf signal is sent to a rf reciever which causes an interrupt on a lpc935 controller...it is a speed gate project... the longer range on the rf transmitter/reciever the better..100m+ desirable...i would like to use a kit if possible as it would be more reliable. intended for outdoor use...i would really appreciate any feed back and help..thanks

daGenie

Jan 23, 2012
well, d infrared beams part is very straightforward...............unfortunately, i can't help u on the radio part............although i do have an idea of the rf transmitter, but the receiver may be a little more difficult............i could send u a diagram on d infrared part if u want..........just tell me how far u've gone..............i too would love 2 learn about rf transmission.............l8r

miltownmalbay1

Sep 23, 2011
up until now i have be concentrating on the software so i am only getting started on the hardware now......i did build a infrared transmitter and reciever a few months back but it was too unreliable....i would be intrested in seeing ur diagram.... i was thinking that the reciever could have a relay that switched the rf transmitter when broken....my supervising lecturer keeps telling me to use h21a1 optoswitches, but there is no fun in that...what range does ur sensor pair have?