Connect with us

Barcode reader IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by santichuit, Apr 15, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. santichuit

santichuit

Dec 11, 2013
    Hi,

I've been looking for any DIY bar code reader IC over the net but I didn't find something concrete.

I'm looking for any barcode reader with laser that I can connect to my microcontroller and get the Digital code of the code I scan.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks,

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I don't think you'll find a single IC that will do that job. There are multiple parts to a bar code reader and many of them can't be manufactured onto an IC. You need to Google bar code reader module.

3. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    http://www.taltech.com/barcodesoftware/articles/how_barcode_reader_works
    worth a read if you get bored. its pretty much a laser that emits a beam then a detector detects (as they usually do) the dark and light spots giving different reads of high or low to your micro.
    bout the best you will find is a second hand barcode scanner gun that hooks up to USB. still a bit of programming to be done from there though

Ask a Question