Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bang & Olufsen beomaster 2400 relay

konadan

Jul 21, 2021
I have a Bang & Olufsen beomaster 2400 which was working fine until today. Now, when I try turn it on, I get a continuously clicking relay. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the protection circuit is shutting down the receiver. Disconnect the speakers, turn the volume all the way down and turn it on. If it still clicks, it sounds like the problem is internal. If it doesn't click, check for shorted speaker wires or a speaker itself.

konadan

Jul 21, 2021
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the protection circuit is shutting down the receiver. Disconnect the speakers, turn the volume all the way down and turn it on. If it still clicks, it sounds like the problem is internal. If it doesn't click, check for shorted speaker wires or a speaker itself.
Yes, tried that. Figured it's inside. I wonder if I could wire around the relay. It seems to be the one that turns on the whole thing, probably connected the touch on/of control. I can watch it turn off and on and the lights turn off and on.

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
NO! Don't do that! In all the years I spent repairing stereos, only once - or twice - the protection circuit was at fault. Otherwise, it's doing its job detecting an over-current condition. Bypassing it can toast the power supply section or one of the channels. You need to take measurements to determine what is triggering it. May I suggest you bring it to a repair shop. The problem could be as simple as a dirty bias pot that just needs cleaning.