Connect with us

Bad quality breadboard?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Lewby, Jan 8, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Lewby

Lewby

Jan 8, 2017
    Hello!
    I recently got an Off-brand arduino kit as my first taste of electronics. It came with the board, components like LEDs resisters, breadboard, jumper wires etc...
    the problem is that when I try to plug some things into the breadboard, it rarely works. I struggle to plug anything in and when I do, I pretty much have to hope that I plugged it in right, have to check all the connections constantly and plug some of them half way to get it to work. the most I've been able to do is three flashing LEDs. It is so scetchy that if I bump the table a tiny bit, it stops working and I have to redo the entire thing.
    In a month, I will get a actual Genuino Starter Kit to replace this one.
    My question is, are good quality breadboards easier to work with. In every video I've seen, they pretty much just plug the electonics in and it instantly works. Is it really that simple, or more like the experience I already got?

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Problems with bad contact in breadboards is usually caused by inserting wires that are too big and bending the contacts.

Bob

hevans1944 likes this.
Ask a Question