Connect with us

bad capacitor and resistors?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by sterfried, Dec 19, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. sterfried

sterfried

Dec 19, 2013
    I got a tv from a friend that said their tv wasn't working anymore and decided I would take a look at it.. I opened it up and found these two spots with bubblegum lookin stuff at the top of them. I'm guessing one is a capacitor and one is a resistor? Is this as easy a fix as I think it is? Wouldn't I just be able to replace these two things to fix the problem? HNI_0016.JPG

HNI_0017.JPG

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Looks like RTV to me. Rubber glue used to hold component and stop them breaking of the PCB. Never see anything like that come out of components before. I would keep looking if I was you.
    Adam

3. sterfried

sterfried

Dec 19, 2013
    Ok.. thanks Adam. Someone else just told me the same thing so.. I'll keep lookin.

4. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    No Probs

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi sterfried

welcome to the forums

OK so, specifically what is wrong with the TV ?

what are the symptoms ? is it an old CRT type picture tube or a newer plasma or LCD type TV ?

cheers
    Dave

6. sterfried

sterfried

Dec 19, 2013
    It's an LG 50 inch plasma.. I got it from someone that said one day it just didn't power on anymore. It clicks over and over with no lighting. The Power indicator light goes back and forth from red to green. 2 flashes of red and one flash of green.

Ask a Question