Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Backup System

lagman

Feb 25, 2012
I have two 12v batteries and a 13.8v power supply connected in parallel. The whole thing is being used to power an inverter. The idea is that the PS normally provides power (and battery charging) unless the house power goes out, in which case the batteries power the inverter.

I'm wondering if the way I have it connnected is the most efficient. Here is what I've done:

- Batteries are connected together + to + and - to -
- Power supply is connected to + on one of the batteries and - on the other battery
- Inverter is connected to + and - of one of the batteries

Is there a more efficient and/or safer way to hook this up?

Thanks,
Dan

twister

Feb 12, 2012
I have two 12v batteries and a 13.8v power supply connected in parallel. The whole thing is being used to power an inverter. The idea is that the PS normally provides power (and battery charging) unless the house power goes out, in which case the batteries power the inverter.

I'm wondering if the way I have it connnected is the most efficient. Here is what I've done:

- Batteries are connected together + to + and - to -
- Power supply is connected to + on one of the batteries and - on the other battery
- Inverter is connected to + and - of one of the batteries

Is there a more efficient and/or safer way to hook this up?

Thanks,
Dan

You've got it hooked up right. All you need now is some solar panels and a solar panel voltage regulator. :)