Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Back diode

biferi

Oct 12, 2016
I went on Wiki and on the net and the more I read about Back diode or Backward diodes I get more Mixed Up.

Do I have any of this right?
When the Voltage increases to a certain point the Current decreases and when the Voltage increases past a certain point the Current increases.

And the Negative side of the diode must point to the Negative side of the Power Source.

Please help if I have anything OFF thanks.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I went on Wiki and on the net and the more I read about Back diode or Backward diodes I get more Mixed Up.

have no idea what you are talking about

please provide a link

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Are you referring to BEMF diode application across a coil etc or zener diodes maybe?
M.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'll go with Dave's answer.

If Constantine's correct in feeling that Minder has it right then I'll go even more with Dave's answer.

It sounds to me like you have correctly interpreted something between "nothing" and "nothing important".

I don't know if it's the power of the moon or what, but recently we seem to be getting more and more people presenting the end result of Chinese whispers (and ONLY that). Perhaps you could try again, and present your question more in the following terms:

Hi, I read this (include link or actual text) and my understanding is this (insert your understanding), am I right?​

Last edited:

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
biferi no offence but davenn and steve are right. More and clear information are needed bofore one can answer a question.