Connect with us

AV to coaxial convertor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by MadMod, Dec 8, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MadMod

MadMod

Nov 29, 2010
    Hi everyone

At home I have one of these old televisions which only has a coaxial input. So whenever I need to play a dvd or play on my xbox or ps3, I usualy connect the AV (red, yellow and white) cables into my VHS player's input then switch that onto AV. The VHS player has a AV input and a Coaxial out. But recently my VHS has stopped working (think its a problem with the remote control, so cant change the channel on there to AV)

I was thinking, is there any schematic for a AV to coaxial convertor, or some way I can connect the AV cables form my ps3/xbox or dvd player into my coaxial input television?

PS. my location - Caribbean

2. MadMod

MadMod

Nov 29, 2010
    thanks barathbushan for your msg

looked at the "http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/bid4boy/HD-2118-00.jpg" picture

but what I am looking for is a female AV to male coaxial

but on the other hand, wouldnt I only get 1 feed with this converter if i were to use it? eg. Only get video, or only get audio (remember there are 3 AV cables. although I only need 2)

3. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
  4. MadMod

MadMod

Nov 29, 2010
    thanks LTX, I will have a read through now

5. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
    Sorry I linked the wrong project. The project above switches several sources, it doesn't help switch AV to composite. I'll get a good link and post it.

6. barathbushan

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
    Better, not perfect - [​IMG]

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    just google A/V modulator
    there are plenty out there ... dunno what country you are in but if USA, Australia or anywhere in england/europe virtually any electronics hobby type shop will have them

they have audio and composite video RCA connector inputs and RF out to TV
    easy as pie :)

Dave

Ask a Question