Connect with us

Automotive Switch Panel

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hilljack33, Jul 10, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hilljack33

hilljack33

Jul 10, 2015
    First post here and I'm looking for a bit of direction. I'm looking to build an automotive switch panel that i can use to control multiple auxiliary lights. Now I'm a mechanic by trade as well as experienced in vehicle upfitting (did extensive custom fab and electrical work on firetrucks). My thought is to have a switch panel but utilize either capacitative touch panel on it or possibly a touch screen type controller. Would like to be able to incorporate approximately 4-6 switches and possibly re-wire a salt spreader control into the housing as well. Size isn't a huge constraint at this point.

Looking to build something unique and different as well as highly configurable and cut down on a million wires running everywhere. If one searches capacitative switch panels they'll get the idea of the look I'm going for.

Not sure if I'm delving into a deeper hole than I'm aware of or not. Just extremely tired of the same old boring toggle switches everyone seems to use.

Any ideas, comments, or direction would be appreciated. Its an open idea for the time being and am looking for a sounding board.

Attached Files:

2. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
  3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
  4. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    This looks interesting, looks like you can customise it for what you want. You may also be able to get a can-bus interface for controlling your lights and other things. This will reduce your wiring also.
    Adam

http://www.audon.co.uk/cuboc_hmi/itl740.html

5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uLCD_43/

You may get a kick out of this then...
    This display has a built-in programmer, and with a little TLC can be programmed to do whatever you want it to ;)

Sorry for the lack of details. I have not actually used one, but have seen it used in a couple projects already... and the company seems to have taken care of the task of actually dealing with the video... allowing you to focus on the inputs and outputs.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    Harald Kapp likes this.
Ask a Question