Connect with us

Automotive electrical diagnostics

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by alex123alex, Apr 14, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. alex123alex

alex123alex

Apr 12, 2016
    hi,
    I want to learn automotive electrical diagnostics. what is the best way to start learning it?

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Most of the cars available where I am, have computers in them. There are inexpensive diagnostic hand-held
    units readily available to help with this. ARE, you asking about these types of electronic diagnostics, or are you asking about troubleshooting electrical systems in automobiles without the standard diagnostic hand-helds that I see here?
    Are the vehicles in your area equipped with these new computer systems?

3. alex123alex

alex123alex

Apr 12, 2016
    yes, they are equipped with new computer systems.... In the streets with others, ,,are walking" 2015 year cars...

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Do you have access to any of the many hand-held diagnostic instruments available?
    They do a good job of getting you in the ball park with whatever the automobile problem is.
    They plug into the car's computer and list possible problems detected with the auto.
    That narrows the list of things you need to check to fix the car.
    Do you have access to Google, Amazon, or any other sites that would sell what you need?

5. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    To diagnose anything one first needs to know how it works, so I'd suggest you start there.

6. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Ask a Question