Connect with us

Automatic TV Volume Controller?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ahohen, Jul 15, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ahohen

ahohen

Jul 15, 2010
    Hello. I am new to this site.

To start off, i have a question, which i am use probably everyone know about the problem... when commercials come on when watching a show or movie it gets loud. Very, very loud:mad: !... and is aggravating as heck. I searched the internet and have found a TV Volume Controller, but, i was told it does not work with HDMI. Any info and suggestions would help. Thanks.

2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, it's incredibly annoying & tiring to constantly have to ride the remote volume. I've been playing with the idea of building an audio agc/compressor. Do you have a link?
    HDMI is a digital stream afaik. so it would require som nice piece of hardware to decode & recode. You'd have to work with RCA (or SCART) audio for it to be easy.

3. NickS

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
    Making it happen on the TV speakers would be complex for sure especially if you have multiple input sources. But what about building your compressor design into a line out fixture that feeds to a receiver or some other driver for external speakers? That would be much simpler and every TV I have owned since the mid 90's has had an stereo line out.

My current TV speakers are 10W max each(perhaps about average) so with out much additional work the compressor design could also contain a stereo 12W class D amp for driving a pair of external speakers of approximately the same performance as those built in.

What do you think?

Ask a Question