Connect with us

Automatic system for home light

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Djsarkar, Jul 27, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Djsarkar

Djsarkar

Jul 27, 2020
    I want to make program flow that detect persons entering into room and turning the light on and when they leave room light shut off
    Update : I am struggling to update image whenever I am uploading image I am getting error message

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Resize your image to less than 300 kB

3. Djsarkar

Djsarkar

Jul 27, 2020
    But in my house, I get enough sunlight in the day due to which I do not need to turn on the light. How can we turn off the light in system from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm ?

programming flowchart

IMG_20200727_155917.jpg

4. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Have you tried Google to find a commercial, off-the-shelf, passive infrared switch (with time-delay to turn-off) that will do exactly as you have described? Is there any particular reason you want to re-invent this wheel? PIR light switches are inexpensive. Or is this just a learning project to get your feet wet with PIR sensors and microcontroller programming?

5. Djsarkar

Djsarkar

Jul 27, 2020
    Yes, this is an example project and will help me to solve the challenges come in project development.

Right now System detects that if someone is inside the room, the light should be on but the challenges is that what happens If somsleeping at night, light should turn off.

How to design a system that can be keep the lights off at night ? Does this need extra hardware, or we can do this through programming ?

Ask a Question