Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Automatic Switcher between 12 volt and AC supply

Sohail nawaz

Oct 15, 2016
I have a betry of 165 amp i am running four led lights on that betry now i purchase a power supply for that led light, now want solution that when light goes I automatically switches to betry and when lights comes its autometic goes supply?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Sorry, we speak English here.
"Light goes?" Do you mean when it gets dark outside at night? Then the battery powers the LEDs?
"Light comes?" Do you mean when it gets light outside in the daytime? Then the power supply powers the LEDs?
Then you obviously need a light detector driving a switching transistor. My solar garden lights charge the battery in the daytime and turn on the LED light at night.

Ravi kant

Oct 11, 2016
Okay, so you seems new to this field.
I'm assuming, by light you meant power here(as my mom often refers to it too)
I'm assuming one more condition, that it must turn ON only in night when Power cuts and turn OFF when Power comes back but it doesn't repeat in day time.
So here you'd have to buy few stuff or components you can say.
1. Relay (as Colin Mitchell suggested) it's to turn your device ON/OFF when Power cuts.
2. LDR for sensing the day light(means its day time)
3. A power supply (DC) for your Relay.
4. Transistor for switching function in day time with help of LDR.
5. Few resistors as well.
Note: Now if you want to make device for such operation, I will design a circuit diagram for you. But reply if you're interested, so that my time don't go wasted.

Sohail nawaz

Oct 15, 2016
Dear
Okay, so you seems new to this field.
I'm assuming, by light you meant power here(as my mom often refers to it too)
I'm assuming one more condition, that it must turn ON only in night when Power cuts and turn OFF when Power comes back but it doesn't repeat in day time.
So here you'd have to buy few stuff or components you can say.
1. Relay (as Colin Mitchell suggested) it's to turn your device ON/OFF when Power cuts.
2. LDR for sensing the day light(means its day time)
3. A power supply (DC) for your Relay.
4. Transistor for switching function in day time with help of LDR.
5. Few resistors as well.
Note: Now if you want to make device for such operation, I will design a circuit diagram for you. But reply if you're interested, so that my time don't go wasted.
dear i am intrested in that plz help me from where i can purchase that things and an idea of price, and how can make the circut of this?

Sohail nawaz

Oct 15, 2016
Dear help me bcz i never now the deep of electronics, i just install the 7 LED light, on this 165 AMP betry when lights gone in ninght i manully put the terminal on bertry red with red and black with black, i want a solution which i think you can provide me, thanks allott plz help me..

Ravi kant

Oct 11, 2016
Ok i'll make the circuit diagram for you. And will give the idea of project cost. I need few hours. UOTE="Sohail nawaz, post: 1710175, member: 45954"]Dear help me bcz i never now the deep of electronics, i just install the 7 LED light, on this 165 AMP betry when lights gone in ninght i manully put the terminal on bertry red with red and black with black, i want a solution which i think you can provide me, thanks allott plz help me..[/QUOTE]
Ok

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
Sohail Nawaz, I think you want the LED's running off AC power and it needs to run off the Battery when the AC power fails.

If that's all that you want, all you need is a Diode.

If you also need to charge the battery, a lot more information is required - your present setup, the battery details....