Connect with us

Automatic switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Boat Builder, Jul 1, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Boat Builder

Boat Builder

Jul 1, 2011
    Good morning all ! I need some help building an automatic swith to regulate the two different chargers that I have fitted to a boat that we are building. We have two batteries. The house battery is 24v and propulsion is 168v.
    What I need to do is when the house battery reaches 26v, the charger that draws from the house battery to charge the propulsion battery must automatically kick in and start charging them. Once the house battery voltage drops below 24v, the charger must switch off and allow the solar panels to recharge the house batteries.

This being said, I also need the unit to work the other way around aswell. If the house batteries drop below 23v, the switch must also kick in automatically and switch the other charger on so that the propulsion batteries now start charging the house batteries.

Any ideas ??

All help will be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!

Regards

Ask a Question