Connect with us

Automatic camera.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by PhilSmith, Jun 12, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. PhilSmith

PhilSmith

Jun 12, 2013
    Hello all,

Phil here, pleased to meet you.

Long story short, I suspect that our gardener is interfering with my wives underwear while we are out. (first world problems, am I right?). But we have no way to prove this.

Having tinkered with electronics now and then in the past (Still complete novice really) I came upon the idea of getting a disposable camera then:

Either building a simple rig consisting of a motor with an oval wedge positioned over the shutter button with either a light sensitive sensor (in the drawer, which upon being exposed to light will activate the motor)

OR

a simple contact circuit finisher (whatever you call that) where two strips of tin foil or other conductive material will be pushed together upon the drawer being opened closing the circuit.

Which brings me to my questions,

Which of these (or other ideas) is the best avenue to follow,

What parts would you recommend for this (or suggested) build?

Thanks!

Phil

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Well a disposable camera is going to make some noise, also Im not entirely sure how it would work easily

If you have a laptop that you can leave in the room you should be able to set it up with a webcam and a screencap program that will just take screen captures every so often.

Or they make wireless security cameras that will DVR either pictures or video as long as you like, or when motion is detected, set it up across the room and there you go.

I know this seems like an easy project but I seriously think you will spend many hours and probably a decent amount of money building something like that

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Lock your doors.

4. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Is the underwear of all of your wives being molested or just one? :cool::

Seriously, The Home Depot sells a battery operated motion activated USB cam. It stores the data internally and can be viewed by jacking into a computer. It's quite small, about twice the size of a USB stick.

Chris

Ask a Question