Connect with us

Automated PS3 controller project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by T7mha, Nov 9, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. T7mha

T7mha

Nov 8, 2012
    Hello all and sorry for being a complete noob.

I'm trying to make a device that can emulate timed button presses on a playstation 3 controller. I was planning to actually wire it into the controller and short circuiting the buttons rather that mechanically pushing the buttons. I would also need to be able to easily reprogram the device for different button press sequences with varying time delays for different games.

I will need to be able to have 15 or more outputs to control all buttons.

Any advice on how such a device could be made would be much appreciated or if anyone has any better ideas on how this could be done

Thanks in advance

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Have you bothered to Google say 'programmable PS3 controller' ?

There are both commercial offerings as well as many DIY plans to be found... You could of course go at it yourself but since you appear to not have a clue on where to start I suspect that is a big uphill battle...

3. T7mha

T7mha

Nov 8, 2012
    All the controllers shown as programmable seem to be just rapid fire mods. What I was after is a repeating series of button presses eg square, start, L1, triangle repeated in order indefinitely (or until I turn it off)

Ask a Question