Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Auto Window Up & Down

BrownDog

Apr 30, 2013
Hey guys, New to the forum so first post :D

I have a 1995 Mazda BA 323 Astina and it comes with frameless windows, and because the car was in a side on collision before i bought it the body is somewhat twisted, therefore no matter how much i adjust the windows they don't always close properly when I shut the door.

Now i noticed that if i just wind the window down a little bit and put it back up it closes properly, and a while ago i went for a test drive in a Toyota 86 [love that car defenitly recommend getting one] and when u open the door it winds down a little bit and goes back up when u close it [just to make it easier and quieter to close the door]

SOOO...... I want to build a circuit that makes my windows do that! :D

It will be with 12V DC, and i worked out some parts of it like how it will know when to activate and if the window is already down not to activate. what i need to know is what components to use:
whether a electronic timer or a capacitor to govern how much the window moves?
what kind of relay to use to reverse the polarity to wind it up or down ?

[wow this is a lot to type out on an Iphone]
Any help is appreciated
I have lots of experience with this stuff, can solder really well, pretty decent understanding of electronics and a few components and a couple blank circuit boards.
if someone can help with a diagram that would awesome

thanx guys

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
This won't be a minor retrofit. You'll have to tap into the door (courtesy lights) switches to be used as the down/up trigger. The circuit will need some form of limit sensor or timer. You'll also need a changeover relay or H-Bridge to control the motor direction.

I'd fix the car. ;)

Chris

BrownDog

Apr 30, 2013
5tw2s3.jpg

pretty crap diagram but my first one so its expected

when the door is open the switch grounds out so the first relay activates which in turn activates the second relay which winds the window down until the switch on the window grounds out. then when the door is closed the third relay activates which activates the fourth relay and winds the window up until the switch is no grounded.

i think it will work, will be a hell of a lot of adjusting :/

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Tired old eyes at this end and that print doesn't help.

Chris

BrownDog

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah sorry pretty crappy diagram, basically one spdt relay, a normally open relay, a normally closed relay, a switch for the window and the door sensor, wired so when the door opens it goes down until the switch on the window grounds out and vice versa when door is closed

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
You have to indicate what's OEM vs what you're adding. Currently, I can't tell the difference between the OEM door switches and yours. Darkening the lines on the print will help too. ;)

Chris