Connect with us

Auto watering to Plants Project Help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by zainbintariq, Aug 1, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. zainbintariq

zainbintariq

Aug 1, 2011
    Hello to everyone,
    i am new to this forum so i need you help
    i need to create a circuit or project whatever you want to name it
    i have a little garden at back of my house
    and i want to create a automatic watering system for that
    so in simple words i need to know how can i design a circuit in which i give timing that at 11am its close the circuit and start water pump and after 20 mins its open the circuit and water pump off

Please can any one help me in this

2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    excellent idea on the timer, here in aus we have to water earlier however due to the heat, the sun either evaporates a portion of it or the water acts like a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves... weirdest thing to see water burning leaves.
    anyway there is a very simple question i have would you prefer a kit(pretty much just plug in and go) that runs of mains or would you like something that runs of 12v and solar powered?
    i can see a simple mains timer hooked up to a pump being the very simplest way. also there are connectors for hoses that do the same.

3. zainbintariq

zainbintariq

Aug 1, 2011
    no i have ac supply all things just like simple i just need some your suggestion how can i design a circuit which close the circuit at 11am and water pump run and water plant for 20 mins and then circuit open the circuit and water pump off after 20 mins

4. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    cool ty for the info. i can brainstorm now. have you found a pump yet? i was trying to figure out if we were using dual or a single battery hookup. i could find the parts for you and run through the setup. (i am really interested in this setup i want to do something similiar later) also what about charging the batteries would you like to include a solar charger for that as well?

5. zainbintariq

zainbintariq

Aug 1, 2011
    no no i have 220v supply,i have already a pump etc everything,but its manual mean some one goes start pump and give water to plants i want it automatic

6. TBennettcc

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
Ask a Question