Connect with us

Audio Resistance

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by KRe8ive, Oct 6, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. KRe8ive


    May 26, 2012
    I have an audio device which the amplifier on it broke. The amplifier had a 100kohm input.

    The part I want to replace it with only has a 10kohm input. Is it as simple as just adding a resistor across the connection to make it appear as 100kohm or do i have to do more?

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Well... You may just be able to use the new amplifier, or it may affect how the volume control works.

    If it's a stereo amplifier and you're replacing one channel, any differences may be very annoying (you'll hear them).

    Another option is a single stage transistor amplifier to buffer the signal.

    However, the information you've provided is so limited that I can't give you any more than possible solutions.
  3. KRe8ive


    May 26, 2012
    unfortunately the information i have is limited. THe amp I pulled out is a 4ch amp, and all i know is the input impedence is 100kohm. Am hoping to connect it to 2x 2ch amps

    CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

    May 8, 2012
    No, it's not that simple. Have you considered repairing the original amp? Do you have a schematic for the new one so we can determine if the input Z can be easily increased to 100K?

    In lieu of neither of the above you would need something like this.


    Attached Files:

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day