Connect with us

Audio channels input problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ouroboros5, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Ouroboros5

Ouroboros5

Aug 20, 2010
    hello, i build the lm386 audio amp circuit to drive the input if an mp3 to a small speaker but when it comes to audio tracks that use both audio channels one is very weak. I have a 1/8 stereo phone jack where both outputs go to one side of a 10k pot and the other pin is grounded. In the 10k pot the middle lead goes to pin 3 in the lm386 and the other is grounded. Ive tried to connect the negative pin in the phone jack to the grounded lead of the pot but it gives me the same result. as for the speaker the positive is connected to pin 5 and the negative to ground. is there something wrong with setup? Do i have to supply one pot for each channel? Or is there something wrong with my ground?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Is it a dual pot (i.e. with 6 connections -- 2 complete potentiometers) or just a single pot (3 terminals).

If the latter, then you're converting the signal to mono by combining both of them. That may be fine if you only have a mono amplifier though.

it would help greatly if you provided a circuit diagram

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    ok

well here is one commercial way mixing a stereo input to a mono output is done

as a variation you could omit the 2 trimpots on the input and have a single pot on the line after where the 2 channels combine

cheers
    Dave

Attached Files:

4. Ouroboros5

Ouroboros5

Aug 20, 2010
    Its just a 3 terminal pot, i put both inputs in 1 terminal

Ask a Question