Connect with us


Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Gfunk99, Sep 24, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Gfunk99


    Sep 24, 2013
    Hi All,

    I am an electrician willing to develop my knowledge etc in electronics. I have just got a new job within a production facility and need help with the installation of a new machine. Unfortunately the machine does not include any information on its current (A) demand. The only motor runs at 3.4/2.0A, its biggest fuse is 16A and the SSR's are rated at 25A. My question is, would the 3-phase supply require a 20A or 32A C-type MCB?
  2. GreenGiant


    Feb 9, 2012
    These seems like an odd question for an electrician to ask... if the SSR's are rated at 25, and there are fuses rated at 16 you would need at least a 25A to cover the SSR's so 32A would be the better option, or if the SSR's come under full load youll trip the 20A breaker.

    Also being a motor wouldnt you want to get a D type?
    Though if the biggest motor is 2A C should be fine I suppose.
  3. Gfunk99


    Sep 24, 2013
    My apologies, I forgot to point out that the SSR's are protected by 5A inline fuses. Also, they receive a 110v supply from a transformer. This is where my confusion has arisen from
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day