Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AS Op Amps trouble...

Callum

Jan 20, 2013
Hello there, I don't know if anyone can help me but I seem to be struggling with Op Amps at AS level. I'm unsure whether there's a correct way to measure the input impedance or whether or not it's high/infinite? Also, how would I calculate the output voltage when I have the gain and an input voltage?

Cheers for any future replies, Callum :)

I do have a little parameter, value table with; Output Impedance, Input Impedance, Open Loop gain, GBP and slew rate if that helps.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Input impedance for a standard op-amp is very high; it's practically infinite for FET-input op-amps. That's the impedance presented by the op-amp at its inverting and non-inverting inputs. The input impedance of an op-amp-based CIRCUIT may not be so high; it depends on the other components.

The basic definition for an op-amp is that the output voltage is equal to the differential input voltage (that is, the voltage at the non-inverting input minus the voltage at the inverting input) multiplied by the voltage gain. In practice there are other factors involved, such as input offset voltage, but that is the basic definition of what an op-amp does.