Connect with us

Are these MOSFET's the same?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by RockfordFosgateFan, Jan 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. RockfordFosgateFan

RockfordFosgateFan

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi guys. I need some help. I burned up my Rockford Fosgate amp and I want to replace a burnt MOSFET. So I looked around ebay for some MOSFETs and I found some. But Im not too sure if they are the same. My burnt ones are F1010E with some distinct numbers below it. But the ebay ones are the same (F1010E) but numbers below it are different than the ones burnt. So are they both the same?

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums...cs%20Repair/?action=view&current=IMG_3106.jpg
    http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums...cs%20Repair/?action=view&current=IMG_3110.jpg

Here is what I want to buy..

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums...cs%20Repair/?action=view&current=Ebaychip.jpg

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I see same picture for the "this is what I want to buy" link.

3. RockfordFosgateFan

RockfordFosgateFan

Jan 17, 2013
  4. RockfordFosgateFan

RockfordFosgateFan

Jan 17, 2013

Attached Files:

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yeah, one is 906G the other is 506P

but it may be the numbers across the top that are more important IRF 1010E

Do a google search on IRF1010E and see if that comes up with a datasheet for that part #

Dave

6. RockfordFosgateFan

RockfordFosgateFan

Jan 17, 2013
    Found the info I needed. Turns out those numbers in yellow are not needed for the repair.
    Here is a picture that identifies the markings.
    Thanks for the replys guys.

Attached Files:

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    there ya go :)

just as i suspected. ;)

as far as your repair goes, be aware that it may be a problem elsewhere that
    had the FET drawing excessive current

Dave

8. RockfordFosgateFan

RockfordFosgateFan

Jan 17, 2013
    damb. I never thought of that. I suspect that maby, due to the way I hooked up my speakers to the amplifier, perhaps the ohm's where too low. But for $3, its worth a shot. But thanks for the tip. How do I go about looking into other possible reasons to the burnt mosfet, if after the repair, it burns up again?

9. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    You could use a lamp limiter to restrict the current supplied to the amp thus being able to test without destroying any more transistors. If the amp works on low volume and no components get hot, then the limiter can be removed.

Ask a Question