Maker Pro
Maker Pro

arduino vs the rest

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
just a quick question. I know arduino has its own comiler. I know raspberry pi has its own too.
but what about hardware? could I hook up arduino to rasberry (or any other little computer/microcontroller setup)? and more importantly can i use the arduino compatable parts for other systems too?
I am 99% sure I can but that 1% has been annoying me for some reason, so I just want someone to tell me to shut the 1% up or listen to it louder lol

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
could I hook up arduino to rasberry (or any other little computer/microcontroller setup)?

Yes, you can use real basic digital logic or one of many serial interfaces or...

and more importantly can i use the arduino compatable parts for other systems too?

Yes, as long as you hardware supports the protocol... If the device is SPI and your micro doesn't support it you have issues, but if it does support it no problem... That is assuming they are at compatible speeds as well... All Arduino 'shields' will work with other micros it's just writing/porting the libraries and having the right protocol support in the hardware or using a slave device to translate...

I am 99% sure I can but that 1% has been annoying me for some reason, so I just want someone to tell me to shut the 1% up or listen to it louder lol

Well there are instances where you will have issues, so just make sure to identify the communication protocol and make sure it's compatible...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Yeah that is just simple straight up digital on/off logic on that one, some joysticks will have analog output but most micros will have an ADC port that will take care of that on the fly as well...

Press the joystick left and the 'left' pin goes low, press it right and the 'right' pin goes low, press a button and the pin associated with that button goes low, when idle no pins are pulled low...