Connect with us

Arduino system

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Lance0070, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Lance0070

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
    hi all

Can you get an anduino system that can control a pneumatic piston to fire on a repetitive timer?

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Do you mean get, as in buy off the shelf a system that does exactly that? If so, the answer is probably no.

Arduino is a DIY product, you buy a board, add perpherals, and program it to do what you want.

You could probably find someone to build it for you on contract.

Bob

3. Lance0070

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
    I have the pneumatic piston hust need the brains to control it

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    I assumed that. Did you understand my answer, which had a question in it?

I'll try again.

Do you expect to buy the system ready to go, are are you prepared to buy various parts, wire them together, and then write the code to do what you want to do?

Bob

5. Lance0070

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
    There’s plenty of guides on youtube, was after a link for the correct sort of Arduino system to use, not even sure if I need an Arduino system to do it

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Firstly, the Arduino isn't a system, it's more like a module. And the differences between the various versions of the Arduino might not even matter for your application... Or they might be very important (you have given us insufficient information to tell).

What does it take to "fire" this pneumatic piston? There outputs on an Arduino can drive only a few tens of milliamps at 5V. If you need more then you'll need extra components to boost this capability.

Without more information it's very hard to give you specific answers.

7. Lance0070

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
    I’ll sketch up something and bring it to the table

8. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    It doesn’t help any that you still haven’t answered my question after two attempts on my part.

Bob

Ask a Question