Connect with us

Arduino Not Communicating with Computer

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Daniel McLean, Apr 3, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Daniel McLean

Daniel McLean

Apr 3, 2017
    I've looked all around on the internet for a solution to this but haven't been able to find anything yet and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I bought an Arduino and used it a few time via a USB cable that I plugged directly into my computer. The cable would light up at the ends when plugged into the computer, but now when I try and plug in the cable, no lights come on. I've taken the cable to multiple different computers, but none of them seem to give it enough power. This is a problem because though it transmits power to the Arduino, it doesn't seem to give it enough juice for the computer to recognize that it's on. I've tried multiple different cords and still the same thing happens: the Arduino's lights come on, but no communication.

I bought a USB 3.0 USB hub with an external power source as recommended by some other forums I saw. When using the external power the cable I have barely lights up, and sorta flickers, but as soon as I plug in the usb attachment the hub stops taking power from the outlet and starts taking it from the computer and the lights turn off again. I don't know why all the cable or computer would all of a sudden stop working and was looking for some help. Thanks! -Daniel

Also, I can plug the light-up cable into a DC power supply and it lights up great. I put a voltmeter on my computer's and the power supply's USB and found the power supply puts out around 5.4V whereas my computer only puts out 4.9V or so.

2. Cirkit

Cirkit

Oct 28, 2015
    Are you saying it works fine with a power supply into the DC jack but doesn't work with a USB supply?

If so, I would suspect T1 (FDN304V).

Ask a Question